BunkerWeb is a next-generation and open-source Web Application Firewall (WAF).
Being a full-featured web server (based on NGINX under the hood), it will protect your web services to make them "secure by default". BunkerWeb integrates seamlessly into your existing environments (Linux, Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, …) and is fully configurable (don't panic, there is an awesome web UI if you don't like the CLI) to meet your own use-cases . In other words, cybersecurity is no more a hassle.
Why BunkerWeb ?
- Easy integration into existing environments : support for Linux, Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, Ansible, Vagrant, ...
- Highly customizable : enable, disable and configure features easily to meet your use case
- Secure by default : offers out-of-the-box and hassle-free minimal security for your web services
- Awesome web UI : keep control of everything more efficiently without the need of the CLI
- Plugin system : extend BunkerWeb to meet your own use-cases
- Free as in "freedom" : licensed under the free AGPLv3 license
A non-exhaustive list of security features :
- HTTPS support with transparent Let's Encrypt automation
- State-of-the-art web security : HTTP security headers, prevent leaks, TLS hardening, ...
- Integrated ModSecurity WAF with the OWASP Core Rule Set
- Automatic ban of strange behaviors based on HTTP status code
- Apply connections and requests limit for clients
- Block known bad IPs with external blacklists and DNSBL
- And much more ...
Learn more about the core security features in the security tuning section of the documentation.
A demo website protected with BunkerWeb is available at demo.bunkerweb.io. Feel free to visit it and perform some security tests.